Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Lets get the ball rolling!

Last night (March 6) I started 50 peat pots with lettuce seed. My wife and I spent time after work cleaning the porch off and set up the shop light. I can not believe how small those lettuce seeds are!! I think most of the peat pots got 2-3 seeds in them because I could not drop just one. We bought two 4' grow light bulbs and one of them was broken so that must be taken back. I have a heater set up but I am not sure if it is doing much good unless it heats the whole porch. I got rather warm in there yesterday even without the heater so maybe today the heater will help it maintain the heat. Another option would be to start helping my wife do laundry and spread it out over the course of the week so that the dryer is running. That tends to make it quite humid in there.

No comments: